Red Monkey Jeans?
July 12, 2005

Okay, so this Richelle person wants to know where to get "these jeans." Something called Red Monkey Jeans. She wants to know where to get them so much that she emailed me about it. Of course, I have no idea what jeans she's talking about in her email since there is no description of them whatsoever. And, since that obviously wasn't enough to satiate the need she has for "those jeans," she has also posted a comment to my Journeys entry - a post about religion and faith journeys to ask me again, where to get those jeans. This time she's a little more descriptive and she calls them "red monkey jeans."

Despite my love for the little red monkey, I have never heard of red monkey jeans. Despite the search engine hits that BlogPatrol has identified about red monkey jeans, I know nothing about any red monkey jeans. Why would red monkeys need jeans?

Why would I know anything about said jeans? Why would I be inclined to run a more effective Google search for this person so she'll quit asking me about these jeans? And yet, oddly, if I was not heading out for vacation in a couple of hours, I would be hitting Blingo and trying to locate these jeans for this woman.

So, to anyone searching for red monkey jeans -- I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never heard of red monkeys wearing jeans. I've never heard of red monkey jeans. I'm not sure why anyone would think that I would hold secret knowledge about something I've never written about.

Although at this point, I wish CafePress did jeans. I'd make a great Red Monkey design, plaster on a pair of jeans and direct everyone to my Red Monkey Jeans. Come to think of it, I may just have to design a Red Monkey wearing jeans and plaster on a t-shirt just to commemorate this search for red monkey jeans.

And now, I must go pack before my other half yanks the plug out of the computer so I get off-line and get busy.

Posted by Red Monkey at July 12, 2005 8:14 AM | Never Underestimate the Power of Human Stupidity | | StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble |

Michael said:

Hi,

Red Monkey Jeans make detailed prints on the back pockets of jeans. You can find them here:

October 5, 2005 3:46 PM

JuJu said:

Theses Jeans Are Very High End Jeans. They Cost Average $900.00 US Dollars. Theses Are Types Of Jeans That Sean John, Jay-Z, Etc. Wears. You Can Find Them In Any High End Urban Clothing Stores. (EX:4 Men In Michigan. East Land, And Fair Lane Mall)

December 5, 2005 7:37 PM

shawn said:

these jean's cost alot of money nothing i would get excitied ova

December 30, 2005 2:29 AM

jake said:

Hi,

Red Monkey Jeans are made using the same denim as the old vintage evisu collection. They also have hand embroided pockets and the real clincher is only 50 jeans per style are produced. The only place ive found to buy them on line is ebay and also the kitmeout clothes auction: http://www.kitmeout.com/auction/auctiondetails.php?id=100250

I might buy a pair this summer if the price comes down.

January 16, 2006 12:55 PM

Lee Deezy said:

This African dude in my hood sells them shits, I don't really know if they are real or not, because I've never seen a real pair of them though. I don't think they're real, because he's only selling them for $70, but the suggested retail price on the jean is $900....... I've seen some in a flea market that had a $1400 price tag......

March 29, 2006 3:10 PM

Ife Okwumabua said:

Hey, I heard about these denims out of Atlanta. Never seen anything like it. They are individually made and individually numbered. The hottest jeans I've ever seen in my life. I've seen red monkey before but these denims are a must see. Heard they glow in the dark... Oh, well they'll probably show up on MTV or BET later. Holla....

April 3, 2006 12:38 PM

John said:

I recently tried to buy a pair of these jeans off ebay but everytime I bid the auction gets cancelled by ebay. The seller told me redmonkeydesigns.com is reporting everyone they can to ebay for trademark infringement. Redmonkeydesigns isn't Red Monkey Company.

The guy directed me to his website and I bought a few pairs from there. They took about 2 weeks to get here because they came straight from overseas but they were worth the wait. The quality is excellent. And he was real cool about giving me a discount because my auction was cancelled. I recommend his to everyone and my friends just got theirs yesterday and they love their jeans. Check him out www.gearishere.com

April 7, 2006 2:21 PM

jessika said:

These jeans are nothing you should be getting exicted over you just heard it in a song now everybody wants a pair of these high ass jeans. They are getting popular just likes grills did after nelly made that song now everybody want some. These jeans are juat a waste of money if you ask me.

Red Monkey added:

I couldn't agree more. Since I originally started getting hits for these jeans, the prices for them have doubled and I've gotten more hits for those stupid jeans than just about anything else.

April 12, 2006 4:26 PM