25 Blogmad Credits
April 27, 2006

Okay ... a lawyer in Austin, Texas, started a group of heterosexual folks who are supportive of GLBT folks. In fact, the purpose of the group is outreach and education of the hetero community about the gay community. She calls this organization the Atticus Circle.

Why Atticus?

Leave a comment with your guess ... get it right, get 25 BlogMad credits ... first person with the complete answer successfully left in the comments gets the credits.

Posted by Red Monkey at April 27, 2006 3:32 PM | Blog | | StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble |

Red said:

If I am right you don't have to pay up the credits, just want to see if I could come up with the right answer..lol

Red Monkey said: WINNER!
April 27, 2006 4:09 PM

Tricia said:

Do you mean Atticus Circle?

"The Atticus Circle was created because discrimination exists. Same gender couples and their children are being systematically denied the protections and responsibilities afforded to other families.

Research shows that there are over three million gay or lesbian people living in the United States in committed relationships in the same residence."

"I looked around for a group I could join to work on this issue and didn�t find a spot for me, a straight person outraged by discrimination based simply on who a person chooses to love.

So I started Atticus Circle, named after Atticus Finch in �To Kill A Mockingbird,� a man who absolutely stood up for the rights of others.

And that�s what Atticus Circle does � stand up to achieve equality for every parent and every partnership.

Atticus Circle is going to tackle the issues of discrimination against gays and lesbians statewide. We�re committed to creating a cultural change that will have a profound and lasting impact on our communities."

And within the quotes from the founders page is my answer. :)

Good question/contest

Red Monkey said: And while you weren't the first to post it, I think finding the founder's site and posting that also deserves teh 25 BlogMad credits ... so you'll be getting those later today. :)
April 27, 2006 5:25 PM

Flo said:

Yeah Atticus Finch, Harper Lee, no discrimination etc etc.

Either that or it is held in an attic?

btw - I'm a daddy! More soon. :@)

6k/Flo/Ballacorkish/whatever

April 28, 2006 4:04 AM

michele said:

Atticus finch...i won i won these comments are not
appearing in order.Take that into consideration.

April 28, 2006 3:33 PM

Don said:

What a great idea, posting questions like these and getting bloggers into a frenzy looking for clues. I do think that there should be more credits won...maybe 50, that would have made me feel that it's worth me looking up the answers...hehe..

Congrats to whomever wins.

Red Monkey said: Well, this conversation started on the BlogMad shoutbox and I offered 10 credits ... people were guessing but getting nowhere, so I decided to post about it and up the credits to 25. But you're right, there's someone on BlogMad offering 4000 credits in a loooong game ... how can I compete with that! ;)
April 29, 2006 9:38 PM