That Sleep Thing
January 8, 2008

Several people asked if the great sleep experiment actually worked. The short answer is yes. I am tired by about 8 every night and ready for bed. It's still not easy to force myself to go to bed at such an ungodly early hour, but it's much more do-able than it has ever been before.

This past week was the first week back to work for the other half, so naturally, the first night she had to be at work by 5 a.m., the animals woke me up after I'd slept for only two hours. I was up for another 4 after that and was sure that all the work we'd done to reset my clock would be ruined, but it was fairly easy to keep the correct hours anyway. I call that a LOT of progress.

Things have been quite quiet here ... seems my brain is on a bit of a minor shutdown, resting up for further trouble, no doubt. I've had a quickie freelance job to work on, and, of course, I've been working slowly on Cheese Circles as well.

Posted by Red Monkey at January 8, 2008 9:54 AM | People Say I Have ADHD, But I Think - Hey Look, A Chicken | | StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble |

mikster said:

You've adapted to the grandma goes to bed sleeping hours with style and grace... or something. ;)

January 9, 2008 11:19 PM

Johnny said:

Good post. I start getting tired as soon as I start thinking about going back to work the next day! LoL.

Say, do you need any unique cartoons for your site? Check mine out at www.pastexpiry.blogspot.com

January 10, 2008 5:58 PM

Bobbie said:

Anything's worth it to keep the migraines in check. ;-}

January 11, 2008 7:27 PM

newnorth said:

sooooo..you are probably asleep by now :p kidding

January 11, 2008 8:14 PM

Zelda said:

I've wanted to do this and keep planning to do it... I'd gotten it back to 10 pm bed time... and I was feeling better.. but somehow my Web 2.0 life has taken it back again to the midnight bedtime. Just yesterday.. I hadn't gotten that much done during the day... and once again when did I get inspired... about 8 pm - 11:30 pm... Its got to be a HuGe commitment to go to bed that early... but it's got to be a GOOD thing... wish I could move myself to it!

January 12, 2008 11:37 AM

Groovy Mom said:

I have sleep issues, but I'm not sure I have what it takes to implement the method you used to reset your inner clock. Glad it worked for you, though! (I commented on the sleep post as Callan before. That was the identity I obliterated.)

January 13, 2008 5:11 PM

Terri Clark said:

I am so grumpy if I don't get enough sleep. Good luck!

January 15, 2008 9:47 AM