Bored Already
June 7, 2008

First, thank goodness for the wireless keyboard, cuz otherwise I'm not sure I'd be on the laptop much as a 17" laptop just doesn't balance super-well when trying to keep one leg elevated by 45 degrees.

Secondly? This is gonna be a LONG freaking four month recovery. I'm already bored out of my mind and wanting to rearrange the furniture so I can watch TV and be on the computer. Right now, if the laptop is open, the TV screen is blocked.

*sigh*

My attention span is back to normal now - well, normal for me anyway. This is good because it means I can read - but it's bad because I already finished all the books on the ground floor. My poor other half is going to have to go downstairs and pick up a couple of my monsterously thick books to keep me busy for a little while.

I've got crutches to get from the futon to the bathroom. And to get to the kitchen - plus I had the other half grab a small camping stuff bag that I can loop my hand through and carry an unopened pop can from the kitchen to the futon again.

Yes, the leg is elevated at as close to the doctor mandated 45 degrees as we can get it with a nice stack of pillows. Yes, I'm staying on the futon 90% of the day, resting. I feel bad for the fact that my other half now has to do absolutely everything herself for most of the next four months.

The dogs are beside themselves trying to take care of me - it's funny to watch them.

Honestly, though, this entire episode is just about as surreal as they come. I periodically look down and just marvel - I broke my leg. It's just ... beyond fathoming. Maybe if I'd been screwing around on my skateboard, I'd believe it more easily. But to do this on the way to feeding the animals? Just ... wow.

All right, apparently it's time for a little nap.

Posted by Red Monkey at June 7, 2008 12:01 PM | People Say I Have ADHD, But I Think - Hey Look, A Chicken | | StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble |

PandoraWilde said:

Oh my hell! SO sorry this happened to you--if there's anything I can do (even if it's help entertain you) holler my way, ok?

Big hugs

June 8, 2008 3:57 PM

Red said:

Hang in there endy, you and A are in my thoughts. Let me know what the doc says.

June 8, 2008 9:27 PM

Nola said:

You should start telling people you broke it skateboarding with Tony Hawk! :)

June 9, 2008 12:00 AM

Tara R. said:

Naps are always good. I'm with Nola... you've got to come up with a great cover story. Hope you are up and about soon.

June 9, 2008 1:32 PM

Mrs.4444 said:

Well, I'm glad to hear you are following doctor's orders. I hope your better half is...well, better! If you need to laugh, go to my blog and read my post from Friday; it should crack you up (oops. No pun intended, I swear!)

June 10, 2008 2:58 PM

Huckdoll said:

Oh Ender, now I know the meaning behind broken! Sucks!

This reminds me of the 4 months I was on bedrest with the twins. I was going bananas after 3 days.

Finally, I got into this routine where I'd wake up @9am...watch Regis & Kelly, eat some breakfast, fall back asleep watching The View, wake up and eat lunch. Then I'd be so bored out of my mind all day long...I'd read and fall asleep, that's about it.

I so know what you mean about reading every book.

Then Baby Daddy would get home and I'd absolutely HARASS him because it was so exciting to me that he was home. A real person!!

Finally, I'd eat a huge dinner, bug BD more, take a shower then at 11pm, the fun started....all the late night shows ending with Golden Girls at 3am. Did I ever mention that I named one of my daughters after my favorite Golden Girl??

June 11, 2008 12:21 AM

Dawn said:

OK. You answered my question. Guess I did have to read back a ways...

June 27, 2008 12:40 AM