Just a Sprain
June 19, 2008
x-ray of broken bone with plates and screws

To the left of each red line is a break. I can't see the break on the smaller bone for all the hardware that's in there, but there's at least one if not two on that bone as well.

And I thought this mess was just a sprain ....

Posted by Red Monkey at June 19, 2008 12:58 AM | People Say I Have ADHD, But I Think - Hey Look, A Chicken | | StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble |

Trish said:

Wow - that is one broken bone landscape! Sure am glad all that hardware means it will heal well!

June 19, 2008 8:28 AM

Nola said:

Holy F*ck! Ouch! So much worse than my wrist. Oh, I feel for you!!! You are a stronger soul than me to be able to travel so soon!!!

June 19, 2008 9:52 AM

Manictasitc said:

OMG, it looks as if someone shot you with a nailgun and then welled plates onto the nails. Hope you is doing okay and that you won't have to fly anytime soon. You'd have so much trouble at the airport.

June 19, 2008 10:56 AM

matt said:

Wow. Looks like you had a bad fall in the fastener section of a hardware store

June 19, 2008 11:09 AM

timethief said:

Wow! That's a truly amazing radiograph. Do be cautious not to push the window on the healing process because the result of doing so will be arthritis (long term pain without any gain).

P.S. It's good to see you posting to the forums again. :)

June 19, 2008 2:22 PM

Tara R. said:

OUCH! You are the bionic blogger! Hope you are up and dancing very soon.

June 19, 2008 8:47 PM

joanne said:

I add my best wishes for your healing and recovery, and am so excited for you that you are able to make that trip I know is so important to you.

I enjoyed reading your last post and would merely suggest to go ahead and let yourself be taken care of...learning to receive is part of giving, often the more difficult end of the lesson, but also too an opportunity to give as you allow yourself to be given to.

Peace and joy and healing continue to be with you as you embark to the land of your heart, probably the best medicine you could possibly take.

And as always, hugs too :)

June 20, 2008 1:20 PM

Jackal said:

Jackal faints [ thud ]

June 23, 2008 9:12 AM

Mark Stoneman said:

I know you warned us about this image, but I forgot. Oh well.

June 26, 2008 1:37 AM

Dawn said:

Maybe I'm just not reading back far enough...but how the hell did you do this to yourself??

Anyway, hope you're off having a great time!

June 27, 2008 12:24 AM

Kevin Goodman said:

Ouch. And when I first seen the photo I thought it was a fifties era balistic missle breaking off the launch pad. Silly me.

June 30, 2008 10:11 PM

I think we should just call you Splinter from now on.

July 3, 2008 1:47 AM

Anne Coleman said:

Well, Ick. This reminds me of hubby's x-rays! Just a sprain, eh?

Well, been pokin' around here for TOO LONG. I have family in South Bend - I spent summers in Tipton. Small world.

July 10, 2008 10:50 PM

The Right Blue said:

Well, I just returned home after a nearly-4-week-long trip, and I'm finally catching up on reading blogs. And then I came to this! Yikes! Poor you. Hope you are mending well. Best wishes, and all that.

Bobbie

July 12, 2008 10:14 PM

terri said:

OMG! Ouch! Hope you are on the mend quickly.

July 30, 2008 8:21 AM