I love a good pun. Unfortunately, many people think I have bad taste in puns. I attribute that to Rocky & Bullwinkle.
At any rate, there is a book called Shatnerquake. No, I'm not kidding.
You see? Right there. Shatnerquake. You can even buy it for your Kindle on Amazon. And, being a devout anti-Trekkie/anti-Trekker how do I know about this book? Well, because despite the fact that I am a Star Wars Geek who pretty much hates Star Trek (in general, some episodes of tNG were good and same for DS9), I do adore one person who too often gets characterized as a Star Trek actor, but really he's just this guy, you know? So anyhow, Wil mentioned this book he found in Seattle.
And it sparked a pun war of sorts. A virtual explosion of tweets last night predicting ever more dire endings to the world via Star Trek characters and actors.
My favourites, in the order in which they were tweeted:
- nppyinzer: @wilw I assume these disasters are harbingers of the Aspockalypse
- DeWayneFeenstra: @wilw i got the sequel to shatnerquake- AfterSpock!
- LeEnfantSamedi: @wilw A seismic SPOCKWAVE!
- T_Lawson: @wilw and then TNG becomes fair game - Frakes of Wrath, LeVar & Away, East of Wheaton, Dorn to be Wild, Spiner Tap...
- IanKC: @wilw Someone get Dr. Crusher, I think I have Wes Nile Virus :(
- PhilipWheeler: @wilw I only get about on average 7 of 9 these puns
- Tim3P0: @wilw Tasha Yarrmaggedon
- talekyn: @wilw My friend Dennis just suggested a summer theater production: Frakespeare in the Park.
- MarcSchlaf: @wilw Lest we forget EarthFrakes and ThunderDorns.
- harlander: @wilw The final book in the series must, of course, be Doohansday
- goonie_girl: @wilw one before bed: "Troinado."
- Totz_the_Plaid: @wilw You can't forget "Chekovs and Balances"
- Thomas_Green: @wilw "Worfcano", (and games) "World of Warp-Craft", "Dungeons and Klingons".
- Thomas_Green: @wilw (and movies) "I was a Teenage WereWorf", "Finding Nimoy", "The Sacking of Troi", "Prisoner of Rikers Island" Starring: Ernest Borg-9,
- Thomas_Green: @Mystoffolyees @wilw then there's the song "Like a Bridge over Tribbled Waters" or the movie "Big Tribble in Little China"
- HavTuf: @wilw Picard, any card
- HavTuf: @wilw how the Wes was won.
- Thomas_Green: @wilw And my final contribution to the PUNisnment.. "In 2012 the world WILL be destroyed by a huge As-TROI-D..."
- Hesster56: @wilw Sulunami.
Were I building the series, I would go with:
- EarthFrakes and ThunderDorns
And now ... Hey Rocky, watch me while I pull a rabbit out of this hat!
Posted by Red Monkey at June 20, 2009 8:38 AM |
People Say I Have ADHD, But I Think - Hey Look, A Chicken