Young Mr. Grayson
March 24, 2006

Here's a little side project I've been working on. This is young Dick Grayson from Batman: The Animated Series.

Cute kid, no doubt. And, since Robin is my favourite comic book character ever, I loved this episode of the cartoon, Robin's Reckoning.

So, because I make action figures, I put this little guy together (the original figure that I sliced up to make Young Master Grayson is the small blue thing on the right).

I've been playing around with creating vector graphics lately. So, I thought I'd start with this favourite character ... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Posted by Red Monkey at March 24, 2006 7:53 PM | Sketches | | StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble |

Zoi said:

oh wicked ender!!! he is awsome looking ! Great Job ! keep it up

March 24, 2006 8:57 PM

Pretty cool stuff! You are soooo talented!

XXOO,
JTL

March 24, 2006 9:06 PM

Tea said:

LOVE the action figure, but I must say... the crotch of the graphics version distracted me... there's no bulge on the animated series still, so why did you add one? :)

March 24, 2006 10:45 PM

lydia said:

He's cute and i love the action figure. I just wanted to say hello too :)

March 25, 2006 8:19 AM

Red Monkey said:

That's kinda funny ... I don't see it as a bulge, but as the crease in the jeans that always shows in straight-forward shots in that animated style. ... It looked funny to me without it ... maybe I'll play with it some more. :D

but ... now that you mention it ... it does bulge a bit. hmmm ... maybe i just need to reduce the length of the lines some more.

March 25, 2006 9:15 AM

seawave said:

Looks awesome. The detail of the face is particularly impressive. Can't wait to see more :)

March 25, 2006 8:51 PM

satrianna said:

wow! really impressive and interesting blog! i like the layout and the idea with the monkey is truly smashin. very original work. keep it up and i'll be poppin by every now and then. ;)

March 26, 2006 11:22 AM

Compl33t said:

You like Robin? Then you've probably seen the "Grayson" movie trailer mockup. I thought it was pretty cool.

If you haven't seen it, you can download it from:

March 26, 2006 4:31 PM

I am happy that I am not the only one who looked at the bulge first - here I thought I had a terribly dirty mind that immediatly looks at the crotch of cartoon characters...

but I guess I am not the only weirdo!

March 28, 2006 1:04 PM